A Sample of My Guest Blog Posts and Magazine Articles
In addition to writing weekly on my own blog, I've written lots of guest posts for a variety of publications on the topics of creativity, jewelry making, and publishing. Here are a few (not all!) samples of my work online:
- Making Dynamic Jewelry That Changes on a Whim (Jewelry Making Daily)
- The Best Backgrounds for Jewelry Photos (Halcraft USA)
- How to Publish Your Designs in Jewelry Magazines (Halcraft USA)
- The More You Read, The More You Write (WritersWeekly)
- Clasps as Focals: Why Stop There? (Creative Bead Chat)
- Get Crafty: 7 Tips for Success in the Craft Market (W.O.W. Women on Writing)
- The Seven Signs of Craft Addiction (Sasee)
- Finding the Right Craft Contest (Brittany's Best)
- When You Can't Wait for Inspiration (Museiditty)
- Bead a Square for Cancer Research (Inside Beadwork Magazine)
- 5+ Ways to Store Beading Wire (Inside Stringing Magazine)
- How to Finish Leather Cord Jewelry (Halcraft USA)
- Tips for Making the Most of the Personalized Product Trend (Craft Industry Alliance) - members only
Most of my magazine articles such as the one on using social media to sell your jewelry published in Beadwork Quick and Easy (pictured on the magazine cover above) are not available online. My areas of expertise for articles includes artists profiles, jewelry design, craft/handmade businesses, freelance writing, book/product reviews, and short ("front-of-the-book") news articles.
- You can find all the blog posts I wrote at Beading Daily both when I was the editor and later as a freelancer. (My byline is "Michelle M.") The ones I wrote as a freelancer are under "Inside Beadwork Magazine" and "Inside Stringing Magazine."
- All the guest posts I wrote for Halcraft USA are filed under my name.